The PROGRESSIVE Pilates Academy the number 1 education provider in the Pilates Movement System.
Established in Ireland in 1998 the PP Academy is dedicated to the Pilates Movement System and it evolution .
There are two paths to entering into or becoming a Pilates System Mat Work Instructor.
- PROGRESSIVE Pilates Academy Level 1 – 2 and 3 Certificates in Mat Work Pilates
- CYQ Level 3 Diploma in Mat Work Pilates
- If you are currently employed or qualified in Fitness / Personal Training, Yoga, Dance and hold a valid anatomy and physiology certificate and wish to become a Pilates Professional the Certificate course would suit you.
- If you are an active participant in Pilates and or someone wishing to change or augment their career and wishes to become a Pilates Professional – the Level 3 CYQ Diploma would suit you.
For further details on each course including dates, fees and prerequisites please scroll down.
Advanced Mat Work Professional Qualification
Already a qualified Level 2 Instructor -
Take your Mat Qualification to Level 3 Comprehensive Mat Work instructor.
This is a 1 day course taken one on one with your tutor to ensure the maximum attention to detail
scroll to bottom for further details
The PROGRESSIVE Pilates Mat Work Instructor Level I/II Cert.
This 4 Day course is an ideal entry level for any Fitness/Yoga/ Movement Instructor that would like to teach / add Pilates to their class list. This course is approved by the Complementary Therapists Association (UK) they offer membership & insurance.
*THIS PILATES COURSE OFFERS the new FASCIAL FITNESS MODULE
- 30 hours of Pilates participation (signed by qualified instructor) Movement teaching Certificate
- Anatomy and Physiology qualification
This Level I/II course will qualify the Learner to teach Group Classes from Beginner to Intermediate Level – utilizing a wide range of small Pilates props
- This is the only Pilates Academy offering the Fascial Fitness Module
To attain the Level I/II Certificate in Teaching Mat Pilates the learner must achieve a pass in the following assessments
- Written Theory Paper
- Teaching Practical
- Personal practical (demonstration of the Intermediate movements)
COURSE FEE: €695.00 –
(€95.00 – discount if fee paid in full 30 days prior to commencement
- Comprehensive Manual and DVD
- Fascial Fitness module
- Fit circle and Gurdi ball module
- Tutor / Mentor on-line support
- NEXT COURSE
- JUNE 15th & 16th / JULY 6th & 7th – ASSESSMENT Aug 24th
NOTE: This course is run over 2 x 2 day weekends – Days are Saturday and Sunday – full attendance is required
CYQ DIPLOMA IN TEACHING MAT PILATES
The PROGRESSIVE Pilates Academy offer the most comprehensive qualification in teaching Mat based Pilates.
- CYQ to reflect the highest in industry standards and by the
- Progressive Pilates Academy to reflect the most up to date changes in the areas of Core Conditioning / Functional Movement and Safe Abdominal training.
Beginner to Advanced
- CYQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Mat Pilates
- PROGRESSIVE Pilates AcademyL3 Advanced Diploma in Comprehensive Mat Pilates (on completion of practical assessment)
- Learners should have knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology
- 100 hours participation with a qualified Pilates professionals
Arrangements can be made to sit the CYQ L2 anatomy and physiology on line prior to commencement if required.
This course is run over 6 weekends
- Theory papers
- Case study
- Preparation and teaching practical
- on going movement assessment.
- 6 month course over 6 x 2 day weekends
- Spine Care Module – Pre Natal Module & Small Props module
- Introduction to Fascial Fitness Module (unique to this Academy)
- Comprehensive course manual & Course DVD
- Tutor Mentor Program/ online support
- All assessments
- all online modules (exception L2 A&P if required)
COURSE FEE: €1595.00 –
Next 2013 Dates :
September 14th and 15th – 28th and 29th
October 11th and 12th
November 2nd and 3rd – 23rd and 24th
2014 January 18th
January 19th Assessments
ADVANCED MAT PILATES LEVEL 3
The format for the Advanced Mat is as follows
The course is on a individual basis – arrange a day / date with your tutor
The duration is five hours – approx
- Advanced movements
- Up-skill to Progressions of all Intermediate Movements
- Re-cap on core connections / control for each movement
Your assessment is submitted by DVD – (terms and conditions apply) – you have 2 months from your course date to rehearse and submit your DVD for assessment
COURSE FEE: €325.00
- Private tuition on course
- Comprehensive Manual
- Course DVD
Assessment fee: €50.00 (DVD submission)
The fee is €75.00 if you wish to sit the practical in person
On successful completion of assessment the candidate will receive
- PPA Certificate Level 3 Mat Instructor
- PPA Diploma of Comprehensive Mat Work Instructor